Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Future Belongs To Those Who Prepare For It

"The future belongs to those who prepare for it." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

What are you currently doing to prepare for your future? As crazy as this sounds, many people simply do not have a plan!

The late Jim Rohn, famous author and motivator, recounted the following conversation with J. Earl Shoaff, "Shortly after I met my mentor he asked me, 'Mr. Rohn, how much money have you saved and invested over the last six years?' And I said, 'None.' He then asked, 'Who sold you on that plan?' I remember saying to him, 'If I had more money, I would have a better plan.' He quickly responded, 'I would suggest that if you had a better plan, you would have more money.' You see, it’s not the amount that counts; it’s the plan that counts."

Another of Mr. Rohn's favorite sayings about planning is: “If you were to show me your current financial plan, would I get so excited by it that I would go across the country and lecture on it? If the answer is no, then here’s my question: “Why not”? Why wouldn’t you have a superior financial plan that is taking you to the places you want to go?”

Studies show that those with written plans and goals achieve far more than those who don't. It doesn't need to be fancy or elaborate to work ~ it just needs to be written down.

My wife and I floated through life for 25 years just accepting whatever life sent our way and getting nowhere. Once we started writing down our goals and plans we started moving toward financial independence. Most of our plans and goals are so simple several can be written on a 3x5 card. It's NOT rocket science but it does need to be done! Define your goals and plans and WRITE THEM DOWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment